ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

increasing the size of the talent

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john henry
increasing the size of the talent
on Jul 6, 2010 at 6:19:59 pm

I will be shooting a video and in it i would like to increase the size of the talent. what is the best way to do this before I shoot this and say something crazy like..." I will fix it in post" do i do it in front of a green screen or what and I would like there to be some scenes where he will be in contact with others to help the effect. I'm still new at this so talk slowly.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Dave LaRonde
Re: increasing the size of the talent
on Jul 6, 2010 at 6:36:16 pm

Are you the same guy who asked this very same question one or two weeks ago? Let's say you are. Weren't you satisfied with the descriptions of how a seemingly-simple thing can get really complicated really fast? Did you think we were lying or something?

Tell you what: you sit down, grab some paper and a few pencils, and start drawing what you see in your mind's eye. Poor artwork is usually par for the course, but it will help you refine just what it is you want to do. Then you can describe in detail exactly what you want to accomplish.

The phrase, "I want to make a guy bigger and I've got a green screen" doesn't cut it, because there are different techniques for different situations, there are a TON of them, many don't have anything to do with a green screen, and we don't have time to itemize every little trick so you can pick and choose.

So go do your video homework. Kapiche?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

john henry
on Jul 6, 2010 at 10:18:35 pm

ahh... you got me i am thjat same guy. its just that i saw a post from someone else that seemed similar he wanted to increase the size of his talent although he already shot and he's got what he got, he shot in front of a green screen and in his post it seemed that there were other options he could have taken if he asked first and shot second. so since i haven't shot anything yet i'd ask again this time omitting that i wanted to shoot in front of a green screen and see if there was a different (meaning simpler way) to do what i wanted to do and if green screen is the way to go then that's good especially since this low budget no budget event doesn't allow for set building. I guess i could draw stick figures or something but its really just the standard bull in a china closet situation people get tossed around by a rather large hulk like figure.

Prince Frog

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 7, 2010 at 12:57:45 pm

Along with making pictures, track down the deluxe version of The Lord Of The Rings. Look at the special feature, and see what they had to do to make full-grown adults look like hobbits. You'll see that it takes a whole bunch of solutions to solve a whole bunch of situations. It can help you plan your shots accordingly.

And remember: there's a good chance you don't have the resources, the equipment or the talent pool of Hollywood film makers behind you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]