ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

error has come up doign what ive been doing fora good week now

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathew lisetterror has come up doign what ive been doing fora good week now
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 9:22:42 am

"error could not open psd because it is not a valid photoshop document"

this is what comes up when it comes to a specific psd file even if i get rid of it or even a few of the revious files. so when it does the rendering again it stops again on this specified file even though its not there.

how do i sort this out as it wasnt an issue before with my other multi machine proxy file rendering.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: error has come up doign what ive been doing fora good week now
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 1:05:55 pm

[mathew lisett] ""error could not open psd because it is not a valid photoshop document" this is what comes up when it comes to a specific psd file even if i get rid of it or even a few of the revious files. so when it does the rendering again it stops again on this specified file even though its not there. "

Let me make sure I understand you -- please correct anything here if I'm wrong. I assume that you are rendering a PSD sequence to use a proxy, and when it tries to reimport, you get this error. I also assume you have found which of the files are corrupt and deleted them, and now you are trying to get AE to re-render the missing (corrupt and deleted) frames, but it's stopping before it gets to them.

If you have a folder that contains the good frames of your image sequence, you can add your comp to the render queue, set it for Multi-Machine Settings and Multi-Machine Sequence, point it at the folder which contains the rest of your image sequence, and render. This will skip existing frames, and render everything within the comp's work area. If the render is stopping too early, make sure that the work area matches what you need rendered, or set the time span to "Length of Comp" in Render Settings if you want to make sure you're rendering the whole thing.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

mathew lisettRe: error has come up doign what ive been doing fora good week now
by on Jul 6, 2010 at 1:29:33 pm

nope im getting the error when im doign the encoding, which is why its got me baffled.

but im re doing my system becuase theres a few progs not workign right.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 7, 2010 at 3:03:21 am

ok failed again, so this time i went to do a selection from the error point to proxy from that, and found i had to miss 2 frames.

would this mean even though the previous proxy rendering completed before, how ever for some reason currupted 2 files.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2010 at 6:46:48 pm

[mathew lisett] "would this mean even though the previous proxy rendering completed before, how ever for some reason currupted 2 files."

That'd be my guess. You should just be able to render those two frames and have a full, working proxy.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2010 at 6:53:35 pm

its exactly what happened, some how the previous rendering of the proxy files had a all the frames after that numbered frame currupted for some reason, so i deleted those files. went to a previous project reloaded the main mov file and did the proxy and it went smoothly after that for a complete render.

then went onto the rendering project that was going wrong, and reloaded the new lot of proxy files and then set it going on its new location which is where it was previous rendering ofr its project location, it then went smoothily after that.

this proxy thing is a god damn dream , becuase not only does it save time after time and after if somethign goes wrong. But it also openes in other software not attached to adobe which is a god send since adobe cant seem to manage to encode to a full length like over 40 mins for some reason, kept failing.

but out sie of adobe, it meant with quicktime png with tmpgenc xpress i coudl break it down into 30 min chunks and encode without issues.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2010 at 6:55:00 pm

Glad to hear you've got a good workflow going!

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2010 at 6:58:25 pm

funny how i was scared as anythign to even remotely use adobe products becuase they looked so technical to use, but now in cs5 and with some help its getting much easier.

all i need now is a quadro 4800 card and i7 setup and im happy lol.

any idea if chris wright is around as i used his contact form on his site yet no reply. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]