COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leo Lagerwall
Plugin-in effects for After Effects
on Jul 6, 2010 at 2:02:33 am

I am going to experiment with different effects in After Effects
and I am in need for all kind of good plug- ins for After Effects,

I need some good color correction or color tweaking plug-in, and
a good plug-in for making the images look dirty or distorted in different kind of ways.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Plugin-in effects for After Effects
on Jul 6, 2010 at 4:55:20 am

Here are effects in the categories that you mention that come with After Effects:

color correction
distortion
noise and grain

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 6, 2010 at 1:39:04 pm

Color Finesse is an excellent color correction tool that comes for free with AE. Also AE comes with tons of other good tools to which Todd linked. There are some third party plugin such as Magic Bullet Looks and Magic Bullet Colorista, but they don't really do anything you can't already do in AE. They just make it a lot easier.

AE comes with some presets (like "Bad TV") that distort your footage using the included effects. Plus you can mix together tons of different effects with AE depending on what look you're after. Twitch is a third-party plug-in that is used all over the place these days.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Leo Lagerwall
on Jul 7, 2010 at 12:13:01 pm

Thanks for the tips. -I have used magic bullet before, -the twitch plug in looks good!. Do you know any other? -Maybe a bit more artistic style plug in that really change the look of images in different kind of ways? Thank you again!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 7, 2010 at 2:30:17 pm

[Leo Lagerwall] "Maybe a bit more artistic style plug in that really changes the look of images in different kinds of ways?"

I hate to sound like a lawyer but with a vague explanation like that, all I can say is, "Tell me what you want to do, and I'll tell if you can do it."

Tell you what: since you're exploring the world of third-party plugins, I think you ought to make a visit to the Red Giant Software web site. They've got probably the most comprehensive selection of plugins for AE. Check 'em out. See what they do. Check out the tutorials and demos. See how plugin makers bundle plugins. See if you can afford them.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]