ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Changing an AEP from CS5 to CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony GiolaChanging an AEP from CS5 to CS4
by on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:14:06 pm

Is there any possible to way to modify a CS5 AEP to a CS4 AEP? Im working on a project with someone else and since he is having a render problem I need to Render it from his AEP. Unfortunately I do not own CS5, only CS4. Im not seeing anyway out of this except upgrading to CS5 (Which I don't want to do mid project). If there is anyway to do it, even if I have to modify a couple lines of code im willing to do it.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Changing an AEP from CS5 to CS4
by on Jul 2, 2010 at 4:24:20 pm

the only way i know of is to have both versions on the same machine, open the cs5 project and create a new cs4 project and start copy/pasting layers, effects and settings from one to the other.

i had heard that maltaannon had been working on a way to convert projects, but i've never heard if it had been accomplished.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Anthony GiolaRe: Changing an AEP from CS5 to CS4
by on Jul 2, 2010 at 10:50:48 pm

Uh. I have a copy of CS5 on my mac but it isnt even in the same country as me... Maybe downloading a trial of CS5 for this would work but I am wary of using a non commercial thing for something like this.
This is so incredibly annoying!

Return to posts index

David SzmitRe: Changing an AEP from CS5 to CS4
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:46:07 am

Hey, so I attempted to copy and paste the objects and even layers into cs4 from cs5 and it would not let me. I did however, find a solution.

You need to export the cs5 project as a Premiere Pro Project. You must then import this new file into After Effects cs4. It won't know were the files are until you reload them(also, it didn't treat my image sequences as sequences, so you will have to manually re-find every image sequence file). Also, it didn't import keyframes, but it did import some effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved