ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

problem with tracking analysis

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Iversonproblem with tracking analysis
by on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:22:31 pm

I set up the tracking boxes and then do the tracking analysis. Will work to completion as long as I don't try to do anything else with the PC. If I open something else, check email, or just about anything else, I find analysis has stopped and has to be restarted. AE CS4. How can I keep analysis active until the end or I choose to stop it? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: problem with tracking analysis
by on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:25:22 pm

[Jon Iverson] "How can I keep analysis active until the end or I choose to stop it? "

Don't open something else, check email, or just about anything else. Stick with analyzing the track. That's why you have AE running in the first place.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: problem with tracking analysis
by on Jun 29, 2010 at 8:01:27 pm

I agree with Dave. You should be keeping an eye on your track anyway to make sure it's sticking with what it's supposed to be tracking.
If you absolutely must check email while it's doing it and don't care to supervise it, get an iPhone. The new ones are really cool.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jon IversonRe: problem with tracking analysis
by on Jul 1, 2010 at 12:23:31 pm

Understood guys, but I have a rather large video with large tracking area that takes maybe 7 hours to track. I needed to be able to use the PC for other tasks as well besides tracking, so I decided to try something. I set up AE on another unused PC here and I do have a KVM switch here so I can switch between PC's. I thought using the normally unused PC for tracking would solve the problem, but when I switch screens, the tracking stops. So essentially I can't even KVM switch PC screens without the tracking stopping. Any thoughts? I really need to have my main PC free while the other tracks and be able to switch screens without a tracking stop. thanks, Jon

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: problem with tracking analysis
by on Jul 7, 2010 at 7:53:51 pm

[Jon Iverson] "I really need to have my main PC free while the other tracks and be able to switch screens without a tracking stop."

Get a monitor for that other PC. Forget the switch.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]