ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Output module render setting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kate koyama
Output module render setting
on Jun 29, 2010 at 2:12:29 pm

I need to render a 1920 by 1080 video into a H.264 format with a MPEG2 TS wrapper.

I've set up the output module as H.264 blu ray and chose TS as the multiplexer but after effects doesn't allow me to render the video. Is there any other way to render it as a H.264 MPEG TS wrapper?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Output module render setting
on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:14:12 pm

[kate koyama] "I need to render a 1920 by 1080 video into a H.264 format with a MPEG2 TS wrapper. "

Well, ma'am, you may NEED to deliver that kind of file, but you should actually be glad that you've been unable to do so thus far. Here's why:

Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

kate koyama
on Jun 29, 2010 at 4:59:20 pm

would encore be able to compress the file on that setting?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:44:40 pm

Episode Pro can encode h264 and wrap it in an MPEG-2 transport stream.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Bryan Bahr
on Jan 17, 2013 at 8:34:32 pm

Does this still apply? Or has AE CS5 and 5.5 caught up with Media Encoder now?
I render most all my animation out of After Effects and feel it's missing a level of color depth/quality.
Could you recommend the best export settings to deliver H264 animations for online streaming?
THANKS!

Return to posts index

Andy George
on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:14:23 pm

After Effects lacks a lot of the best compression features that actual compression software utilizes. For that reason most people only render lossless files from AE like Animation or Prores. Then take that file into compression software like Adobe Media Encoder,Apple Compressor, or sorenson squeeze to compress your H.264 video.

-Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]