ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shiny floor?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert pukas
Shiny floor?
on Jun 26, 2010 at 8:39:08 pm

Hello,
I want to model stage in ae. I need to simulate plastic floor, I dont need good reflections, just to have something similar to black glass floor.

How do I do that?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Shiny floor?
on Jun 27, 2010 at 2:28:39 pm

Even if you don't need good reflections, I think that the methods for faking reflections are probably a good place to start.

Here's an article that shows one way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 27, 2010 at 5:11:02 pm

Todd, with all AE's advances every version, I'm always baffled by why they don't add some things. Like a reflection effect. It's used as much as drop shadows and has been something we had to create by hand for the last 5-10 years. Luckily VideoCopilot created a free plugin. Might want to check it out Robert -

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/reflection_plug-in/

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 27, 2010 at 11:03:01 pm

> with all AE's advances every version, I'm always baffled by why they don't add some things.

Have you filed a feature request?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 28, 2010 at 1:40:27 pm

The Video Copilot effect works really well if you just need one layer to reflect. But what about a whole comp including psudeo-3d effects like Particular, CC Particle World, Form, etc? Well, there are two solutions. The easiest is this plugin from Zaxwerks. The cheapest is using AE's built-in effects.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]