ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS5 unable to read h264 that CS4 can read fine ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Crooks
CS5 unable to read h264 that CS4 can read fine ?
on Jun 26, 2010 at 2:37:49 pm

hi

I'm giving CS5 a bit of a test drive and one of the first things I've noticed is that it won't read a bunch of H264 files that open just fine in CS4 ??!!!

CS5 can import them OK and reads all the file properties correctly but only displays black movies.

Has anybody else experienced this ? solutions ?

../daniel

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Todd Kopriva
Re: CS5 unable to read h264 that CS4 can read fine ?
on Jun 26, 2010 at 5:23:17 pm

Are you using the trial version?

Several MPEG formats are not supported in the trial version, since those codecs are licensed from a third party. H.264 is an MPEG codec.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Daniel Crooks
on Jun 27, 2010 at 5:33:33 am

That would be it!

Return to posts index

Daniel Crooks
on Jun 27, 2010 at 5:50:07 am

Actually, what am I saying, I have a number of other H264 files in the same project that are working fine using the CS5 Trial. It's just these particular files. They are an odd shape 3256x350 px but apart from that I can't see why they wouldn't behave... again they open fine in CS4 just not in CS5 !

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 27, 2010 at 2:29:38 pm

If you upload one of these problematic files, I'll see if I can import it into After Effects CS5.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]