ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Automated "color mixing" based on music... sort of like the itunes visualization plug-in...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Adams
Automated "color mixing" based on music... sort of like the itunes visualization plug-in...
on Jun 24, 2010 at 11:44:12 pm

I swear I saw a post on here once about this... but I couldn't find it anywhere. It's about a plug-in or program that would adjust colors in your video track based on your music track...

Basically, I'm looking for a plug-in or program that would alter the color of the sky in a wide shot of a field based on the music track... I imagine this works off the same technology that shifts the visualization patterns in the itunes plug-ins...

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Automated "color mixing" based on music... sort of like the itunes visualization plug-in...
on Jun 25, 2010 at 5:08:05 am

There's a range of possibilities. At the non-free but powerful and convenient end of the spectrum is Trapcode SoundKeys, which analyzes audio and lets you link animations to various characteristics of the audio.

For a bunch of scripts and other resources for doing this without SoundKeys, see this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]