ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Back of a picture in 3d to show another picture

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BibbyBack of a picture in 3d to show another picture
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 12:35:51 pm

I'm doing a show reel for a Ad agency and I'm trying to make pictures
dance like lord of the dance one problem I'm having is that when they flip on the y axis I want the back side of the picture to show another picture is there a easy way to do this. I hope everyone understands this.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Back of a picture in 3d to show another picture
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 12:59:23 pm

a fairly easy way would be to apply the blend effect to the 'front' image. use the 'blend with layer' property to select the 'back' image (that image needs to be in the comp, but does not need to be active -- click the 'eyeball' icon to hide it; nor does it need any animation).

now you could animate the 'blend' property with hold keyframes to change between front and back images as needed (toggle between 100 and 0), or you could add an expression to the property (select the property in the timeline, then choose animation>add expression) and paste this expression into the expression field:

if (toCompVec([0, 0, 1])[2] > 0 ) value else 0

if you want to know more about this expression, i copied it from dan ebbert's site here:

http://motionscript.com/design-guide/invisible-facing-away.html

he had written the expression to go into the opacity properties of two layers, but the blend effect makes it only necessary for the 'blend' property, plus the 'back' layer won't need to be animated or parented and flipped.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Paul BibbyRe: Back of a picture in 3d to show another picture
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 1:18:53 pm

Thanks that work wonderfully !!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]