ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew HigginsWireframe
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 12:27:43 pm

Hello CC,

I've been wanting to create an animation with effects and then render the composition in wireframe mode with these effects still attached and visible.

Im fine with being able to render something in wireframe mode

But it looses effects such as motion blur

Here is an example of what I am wanting to create

Minus the transition to a 3D model

I hope this makes perfect sense to you all,

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Wireframe
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:50:49 pm

[Matthew Higgins] "it looses effects such as motion blur"

that's what wireframe does... it is there to be able to generate a quick preliminary render that could be used to get basic timing or movement down (or approved), so it loses effects and motion blur.

you can try and get some of a motion-blur-like effect back by adding an effect like cc time blend, cc wide time or echo to the wireframe render.

as for any other effects that are on those layers, you'll need to figure something else out... i don't know what you have on them, but maybe you'll be able to do a normal render of the comp and then composite the wireframe and the normal render together to achieve something closer to what you are looking for.

or you could use layers that look like wireframes, but get rendered out as normal... so instead of using a layer and rendering wireframe to make it look like a box with an 'x' in it, make a layer that looks like a box with an 'x' in it, animate it and render it at best quality...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved