ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS5 System Requirements Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David JoloskyCS5 System Requirements Mac
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 6:09:31 am

I'm reading and reading and hoping to confirm and have someone confirm install of AE CS5 on an 8 core mac (16 gigs of RAM) running Leopard 10.5.8.

Repeat, Leopard, not Snow Leopard

I know it's optimized and required for 64 Bit for PC, but the mac spec says "supports 64 bit"

So anyone running CS5 cleanly and successfully on 10.5.8?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS5 System Requirements Mac
by on Jun 24, 2010 at 12:44:28 pm

My primary work Mac is running Mac OSX v10.5.8. After Effects CS5 runs fine on it.

What is it about the system requirements that isn't clear? It says that After Effects CS5 will run on Mac OSX v10.5.7 (with the implication that later versions work, too).

Is it that you think that Mac OSX v10.5.8 isn't a 64-bit operating system? It is. The kernel isn't, but the application layer is, and that's what matters.

See this:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

David JoloskyRe: CS5 System Requirements Mac
by on Jun 25, 2010 at 2:51:09 am

Thanks Todd, I understood everything very well, thank you. I was looking for a practical "hey, yeah, loaded CS5 on my leopard machine and it works well"

regardless, I looked at your link and thanks for the info. I've placed my order for CS5. If anything goes wrong, I'll hold you personally responsible.

Just kidding of course.

thanks for responding to my post.

david jolosky, visual communications || design || construct || interact

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved