ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

test your Render time and share with us...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerardo Florestest your Render time and share with us...
by on Jun 23, 2010 at 9:21:30 am

Hi every one.

Please can somebody can explain the steps to use pre-rendered videos from after effects and
used together with other files ( sound-video ) export them with out need to rendering again?

My question is because l have problems with rendering all the time... but when Im rendering
30 sec or less instead of 10 MIN. the problems disappear... In this forum one person has recommend
me to render small parts and then put it together...

My question is : ones I have for example 10 small videos witch I have already rendered in after
effects: How I put them together? witch program shall I use? and how I will export that video again...
with out rendering and with out loosing quality ( sound - image ).

Thank you and
Have a good day.

learning after effects

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Combining pre-rendered clips
by on Jun 23, 2010 at 5:35:13 pm

You could use an NLE like Premiere or Final Cut Pro to edit your rendered clips.

To keep it all in AE, I'll point you to some relevant resources in the AE documentation that might help you accomplish what you're looking for.

If you have a comp to render in AE, and if you have precomps within it, you could pre-render or proxy the precomps, then render them. AE will use the rendered files instead of the precomps wherever else they appear in your project. They will not need to be re-rendered from scratch for output; instead, they'll be read back from disk.

If you use proxies, be sure to set them for best quality before rendering the proxies. Also be sure to set your final renders to use proxies.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved