ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects project w/50min of film and 2000+layers goes black

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Taylor Larisonafter effects project w/50min of film and 2000+layers goes black
by on Jun 22, 2010 at 6:36:03 pm

I have an after effects project im working on that contains 2000+ jpeg layers with 50 minutes of video on a 64bit operating system. I just got to the 35 minute point in the film, and when I tried to go to grab the rest of the layers at the bottom of the project screen at layer 1907 where the layers are, it goes black. I have upgraded my Ram from 4gb to 8gb, but when I open up After Effects it says using 2% of 4gb. I thought changing the speed on the Ram would help out. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: after effects project w/50min of film and 2000+layers goes black
by on Jun 22, 2010 at 7:03:58 pm

There's a known bug in After Effects that causes the items at the bottom of a looooooong list (in the Project panel or the Timeline panel) to not get listed.

Rendering should be unaffected.

The bug is entirely about the number of vertical pixels required to display the list. If you put your items in the Project panel, you can work around this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: after effects project w/50min of film and 2000+layers goes black
by on Jun 23, 2010 at 3:44:47 am

D'oh! I just reread my post and realized that I left out an important phrase. I meant to say that if you organize your items _in folders_ in the Project panel, then you can work around the problem.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]