ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5 problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arnold Foote
AE CS5 problems
on Jun 22, 2010 at 3:15:18 pm

Dear Friends,
I created a file in AE CS5 using the KONA 7.5.1 drivers.
It was giving me some rendering problems... screen flashing, etc.
So I looked and saw the upgrades,
so I upgraded using the NDD divers version 8.
I can make new files but I cannot open the previous CS5 files.
I have a deadline in trouble now.
HELP please!
JJ

jj.foote@mac.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: AE CS5 problems
on Jun 22, 2010 at 3:33:14 pm

i'm not sure what you mean by 'previous cs5 files'... are you refering to ae project files or media files that were rendered from cs5 (when the previous drivers/software was installed).

however, did you run the uninstaller from the 7.5.1 version prior to running the installer fo 8.0? if not i would uninstall 8.0, then 7.5.1 and then reinstall 8.0.

also, if you had the ae plugins from the previous version, you should uninstall those and install the 8.0 version.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Arnold Foote
on Jun 22, 2010 at 3:40:41 pm

I uninstalled the 7.5.1 drivers then installed the 8... I guess that was wrong right?

Yes, I created files with CS5 using the 75.1 drivers.
Now it wont open

jj.foote@mac.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 22, 2010 at 4:10:59 pm

[Arnold Foote] "I uninstalled the 7.5.1 drivers then installed the 8... I guess that was wrong"

no, i think that's right... with the aja software (and decklink for that matter) you usually need to uninstall the previous software before installing the new version.

[Arnold Foote] "I created files with CS5 using the 75.1 drivers"

i'm still not sure what files you are refering too... are you talking are the project files (.aep)?

the only thing i can think of that would link a project file to any aja files would be some of the aja plugins. if you had the 7.5.1 plugins installed, you should install the 8.0 aja ae plugins that are also available from aja, just scroll down their download page to the utilities/optional software. note: you may need to run the plugin unistaller for 7.5.1 first.

if by files you mean rendered files, then the problem is probably with an aja codec. i'd be surprised if aja would release a codec update that broke a previous codec version, but i suppose it's possible. the only fix i can think of for that would be to unistall the 8.0 software and reinstall the 7.5.1. i would first contact aja support, there may be another workaround.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Arnold Foote
on Jun 23, 2010 at 12:16:40 am

Actually I am referring to the .aep file.
And it still doesn't open.
So I did over the work and it came out nicely.
However, when I come out of AE the KONA card switches to some weird feedback on the external monitor.
AE crashes frequently and also causes this strange feedback.
It is sorted out when I reboot the system.
It is frustrating.
Any thoughts?

jj.foote@mac.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 23, 2010 at 11:32:53 am

you could try unistalling the aja ae plugins altogether. they aren't really necessary -- ae can use the aja card for external previews without them (ae>preferences>video preview). those extra plugins would be the only link between ae and the aja card that i can think of (asside from the video preview settings, but i've never had problems with that).

however, i think i might ask aja support about this, they may have a better solution.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
on Jun 22, 2010 at 4:49:58 pm

As Kevin said, if you're referring to the rendered files, they should open fine with the AJA 8 drivers -- so if they don't, contact AJA support. They support services are excellent.

Naveen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]