ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pixelated Text in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kylene ArnoldPixelated Text in AE
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:07:28 pm

Hello,

I've always created beautiful text in AE, but now I have a project where every letter appears pixelated, even before rendering with any compression. I've checked every setting I can think of, and my results are as below. I've also created a new project, both in HD and SD with the same results. Does anyone know what I'm missing? Thank you for your thoughts--I'm on a tight deadline.

Project Settings: 1024 x 512
Square pixels
23.98 fps
Resolution: Full
Fast Previews: Open GL - interactive
Layer attributes: Text, no effects (except a keyframed scaling), continuous rasterization

My imported video is also experiencing a similar degredation. I have 1K Red footage that looks beautiful, even compressed (ProRes 422 HQ), until I bring it into After Effects. But now it looks like it was shot on a handicam. My project settings match my FCP settings exactly. Both the text pixelization and the video degredation appear on-screen in AE as I'm working and on my rendered QT movie before and after re-import to FCP.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Pixelated Text in AE
by on Jun 22, 2010 at 10:44:54 pm

Turn off Open GL

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania
http://www.ennstudio.ro

Return to posts index

Kylene ArnoldRe: Pixelated Text in AE
by on Jun 23, 2010 at 12:11:31 am

I tried all five configurations, both in my present project, and in a new project. I get the same result with all of them.

Return to posts index

Bryan YoupaRe: Pixelated Text in AE
by on Jun 28, 2010 at 8:54:02 pm

I too have been experiencing this same problem and have tried the OpenGL solution to no avail. We even tried to open a previous project with the same codec and that footage now shows up blocky and pixelated. We are using a AJA system in the Mac and had an update last week, other than that we know of nothing else that has changed in our system. Do you by chance use an AJA system as well? We are pursuing that course now but if you do not use AJA then that can be crossed off the list of problems, subsequently putting us back at square one.

Another thing, we also tried sending the FCP sequence through Automatic Duck and that too came out with the same result.

Good luck

Bryan

Bryan Youpa

Editor

Return to posts index

Bryan YoupaRe: Pixelated Text in AE
by on Jun 28, 2010 at 9:05:09 pm

May have found a solution for you in this thread! Hope this helps, we are trying it now.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/970254#970292

Bryan Youpa

Editor

Return to posts index

Kylene ArnoldRe: Pixelated Text in AE
by on Jul 1, 2010 at 11:15:51 pm

Thanks for all the information. Unfortunately, I'm not using AJA Kona, but it still could be my driver and/or associated updates. I'll look into that. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]