ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

glow outline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aqeel Samiglow outline
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 8:59:49 pm

i want to outline a country on a map and i want that outline to glow and become featherd for a while and then get back normal. i used stroke and glow but i couldn't get the outcome i want.any help ? thanks alot.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: glow outline
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 9:22:51 pm

Can you describe what you tried or post a render or screenshot so we can see?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Aqeel SamiRe: glow outline
by on Jun 22, 2010 at 10:18:43 am

i want to show a map and there is ouline around a country border and i want that line to glow for seconds and return back normal. i did as David said it was ok but the glow online around the outside of the stroke and i want the glow to increase outside and inside of the stroke.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: glow outline
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:04:40 pm

It sounds like you just want to animate the glow radius and/or intensity up and back down. You could also use a radial shadow and animate its softness and distance. There are lots of other ways to make things glow in AE, which gets back to Michael's point that it depends on the look you're going for.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: glow outline
by on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:58:08 pm

You can use the Inner Glow layer style to add a glow on the inside of a boundary.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved