ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

path orientation question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Collisterpath orientation question
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 3:10:09 pm

I know this has been covered before, but i cant quite find what im looking for, and this is quite long winded so please bear with me...

I have a null that im adding a motion path to (the motion path is a spiral from illustrator), and the null has a graphic attached to it. I have played with the auto orientate features and have the null and its graphic orientating how i want it, it stays relative to the spiral, but, as it hits certain parts/keyframes of the spiral, it moves from the inside of the spiral to the outside.

Does that make sense? Any ideas as to why im getting this movement from inside to outside? I assume the spiral path is some how giving the null some rotation information?

I ultimately want to be able to control how and when the null and graphic rotate from the inside to the outside of the spiral. I assumed i would be able to do this by rotating the null and thus rotating the graphic.

Any help is always appreciated!

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: path orientation question
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 3:59:03 pm

Can you send the project to sDOTrobertsDOTcowATgmailDOTcom? No need to include sources, just the AEP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved