ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video in an endless loop (or. Loop position)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel AlexanderVideo in an endless loop (or. Loop position)
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 3:19:29 am

I'm still fairly new at After Effects and I'm stuck with a problem. I try several videos in which I have recorded something on my midi keyboard to loop so that it is looped over the whole length to make a complete song

(Here for a video then it should look something like, Of course not so professional and so ^ ^

.. Every single video by hand to the right places to push would last forever and keep my nerves are not out of it ^ ^ there any simple, Faster solution?

Oh yes and explained it would be super nice if someone could step by step how to do it.. Because as I said, I'm still newbie and only know the basics :D

And thank you mfg :)

Return to posts index

Daniel AlexanderRe: Video in an endless loop (or. Loop position)
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 7:54:45 am

I just noticed that I have taken a wrong example video..

This video..

Is exactly what I did before.

Mfg :)

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Video in an endless loop (or. Loop position)
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 2:21:44 pm

Make sure each clip is cut to the loop point -- do this in another app, such as a video editing app.

Import a clip into AE and make sure it's selected in the Project window. Select file>interpret footage>main. At the bottom of the big dialog, you'll see "loop". Set this number to the number of times you want the movie to loop. Close the dialog.

To remember this interpretation and apply it to other clips, check the Help for "remember interpretation".

Drag each of these clips onto the timeline and move them in time where you want them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved