ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5 on the new macbook pro i7

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofer GevaAE CS5 on the new macbook pro i7
by on Jun 20, 2010 at 6:46:41 pm

Did anyone had a chance to try AE cs5 on the macbook pro i7. Does the xGeForce GT 330m deliver? would you say it works good enough or only as a secondery machine?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS5 on the new macbook pro i7
by on Jun 21, 2010 at 1:21:24 am

It's what I'm typing and running After Effects on now. It's a fine machine for simple work, but you'll always want a more powerful desktop computer for your primary workstation. Laptops just can't hold enough RAM, and they don't have multiple fast disks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Uli PlankRe: AE CS5 on the new macbook pro i7
by on Jun 22, 2010 at 1:56:57 pm

If you are asking about the GPU, don't get AE confused with PPro, it's not accelerated by the GPU that much. But rather get the model with an Express-card slot, so you can add fast disks via e-SATA and, as Todd said, RAM is crucial.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Ofer GevaRe: AE CS5 on the new macbook pro i7
by on Jun 22, 2010 at 2:58:13 pm

Thank you.
very helpful

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]