ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pausing layer in between camera movement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hector GilPausing layer in between camera movement
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 4:59:45 pm

I am working on my first glass orb project. All is great except wanting to pause the last orb before the next camera movement occurs. So here is a breakdown of my project:
1. I have three glass orbs
2. My camera movement starts from the last one in sequence moving back to front, then moves to the second and third.
3. When it reaches the third, it then moves front to back around the orbs to get to a logo.

My main goal here is to pause the timeline on the third orb before it moves forward to the logo. I have tried several options but none work. How can I achieve this? Any help or info greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Pausing layer in between camera movement
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 6:34:25 pm

You can't pause an entire timeline (comp), but you can pause a layer. To do this, drag the comp into another comp, then go inside that one and apply time remapping (see the help) to pause the layer.

Or, if I understand you, you might just need to pause the camera. To do that, use a hold keyframe. For example: to move from A to B, pause at B, then move from B to C: use a regular keyframe at A, then a hold one at B later on. Copy that keyframe and paste it later in time. Change it to a regular keyframe, then make a keyframe at C later on. Check the Help for "toggle hold keyframe".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved