ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

compression question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Simonsoncompression question
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 4:53:26 pm

I'm somewhat new to AE and have a question regarding compression.
Comp settings are HDTV 1080 24 ( 1920x1080 ) This is to be rendered out for HDTV, 16:9
and imported into FCP . I tested a few seconds of render w animation compression but the movie seems kind of glitchy ( even after importing into fcp ).
Any advice greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: compression question
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 6:43:42 pm

The Animation codec makes huge files, so reading them from the disk can cause playback stutters on a slow computer (or a computer with a slow disk or slow connection to the disk).

Do the glitches persist even when you render and encode your final output out of FCP? If the glitches persist even in the final output---when you've encoded to your delivery format---then the problem is different from my guess.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Lisa SimonsonRe: compression question
by on Jun 20, 2010 at 7:59:56 am

Thanks Todd. I think it does have to do with my computer. Right now trying to render 45 sec w animation compression and render time is 22 hours! Possibly because I used many 3D layers on my older mac G4 ? at an rate, I can't wait so I'll have to change compression.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved