ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5 vs AJA Kona 3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason BoucherAE CS5 vs AJA Kona 3
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 12:46:07 am

I've noticed that when I'm working in After Effects CS5 and switch to Final Cut, the SDI output to my monitor stays with After Effects. It's like AE doesn't release the Kona output when I switch applications. Minimizing or hiding doesn't help. Turning off video monitor in AE pref or quitting AE altogether is the only solution. This does not happen with AE CS4 which I still have installed.

Any ideas. I've posted this to AJA's support page, but didn't have a whole lot of luck navigating Adobe's site. So I turn to the cows.

Latest drivers from AJA don't solve the issue.

Anyone having this happen?

greydogcreative.com

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: AE CS5 vs AJA Kona 3
by on Jun 19, 2010 at 2:19:42 pm

I have this issue ... there's a selection towards the bottom of one of the FCP menus called something like "refresh video output" ... not a full solution, but definitely better than switching preferences on and off.

Return to posts index

Jason BoucherRe: AE CS5 vs AJA Kona 3
by on Jun 20, 2010 at 1:44:07 am

I tried that David... No dice. Couldn't find a trick that would work other than disabling the video out from AE or quitting AE altogether. makes me think it's a AE CS5 issue.

what is your's doing?

greydogcreative.com

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: AE CS5 vs AJA Kona 3
by on Jun 20, 2010 at 1:06:03 pm

[Jason Boucher] "makes me think it's a AE CS5 issue"

Could be ... I'm still on CS3 for a few more months. Even so, I sometimes have a similar issue when I switch sources (AE to FCP or sometimes even different items within FCP) ... the output to the monitor doesn't switch until I do the "refresh output" command in FCP, but that always works for me and is pretty simple so I haven't pursued it any further.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]