ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exported audio much more responsive to db level than AE preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian RösslerExported audio much more responsive to db level than AE preview
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 1:00:21 pm

As the title says, when mixing and previewing audio tracks within AE, i get a very different acoustic result than in the exported file.

I've usually compensated for this by taking the time to export every little transition and tweak until it sounds right, but now i got a 30min project with dozens of transitions and i won't go through this again.

I hope it's just me being a rookie again and there's a simple setting i overlooked.

I've attached this audio file to demonstrate: http://adrianroessler.de/AE_export.mp3

It plays the same section of my video twice. First you hear what i hear working in AE, then you hear an exported WAV file. Notice how the audio nearly fades into silence, which it shouldn't. This problem is independent of the codecs used.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Exported audio much more responsive to db level than AE preview
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 3:08:18 pm

With the exception of something like color correction, a 30-minute project is quite long for AE.

May I ask why you feel it's necessary to mix the audio in AE? Usually I only use audio for reference purposes, and almost never render an audio track with video, even when working with lip-sync sound. There's almost never a need for it.

It's far easier to mix the audio in a video editing application.

I presume you know that you should use compressed audio like ac3 or mp3 ONLY for reference in AE -- it can't render out compressed audio files properly.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]