ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Roto Brush - keeps crashing when I try and unfreeze the tool.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon DraperRoto Brush - keeps crashing when I try and unfreeze the tool.
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 10:06:12 am

ROTOBRUSH - FREEZE BUTTON PROBLEMS

I've been using the Rotobrush tool which seems like a fantastic addition to what is probably my favorite/most used bit of software.

I've successfully been through my clip and rotoscoped out the needed items (man in suit and laptop...so very exciting footage).

I've finished the additional work to the shot and just realized that I get a bit of a wobbly edge around the top of the laptop screen.

When I press the 'freeze' button again to unfreeze my rotobrush work, I get the colour wheel of death and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Should I just leave it spinning the colour wheel for a couple of hours? Not ideal as I'm at work and need to look fairly busy.

I'll try a 'restart' again.

Oh I'm on a mac pro, with a lot of ram and processor power, but obviously this is a very processor heavy tool.

Any help would be great.

Also found at another time the freeze tool did not freeze all the work, would only save around 3 frames instead of the 50 that it had already worked out.

Many Thanks for any advice...

Cheers

Jon (The shot should actually pretty nice once finished working on it).

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Roto Brush - keeps crashing when I try and unfreeze the tool.
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 11:30:45 am

Please file a bug report.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]