ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Where are the Render Queue templates on the computer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Hattne
Where are the Render Queue templates on the computer?
on Jun 18, 2010 at 7:35:10 am

Hello,
yesterday there was a power cut, the uninterrupted power supply held out for 40 minutes and then the computer got turned off while in "hibernation". I had problems starting it up again afterwards and when starting AfterFX I got an error message saying "....preset.... file is not valid will be renamed *.*.old".

I didn't take much notice but when I looked in the Render Queue all my templates where gone.
Does anyone know where I could find the render queue templates or if there is some log file where I could find out what went wrong and which file was renamed what?

(so far searching for old has been fruitless..)

Thanks in advance!

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Where are the Render Queue templates on the computer?
on Jun 18, 2010 at 11:25:22 am

The render settings templates are stored in the preferences file. If this has become corrupted, you can reset the preferences.

If you create your own render settings templates, you can store them in .ars files wherever you want, but that is a different question than the one that you are really asking.

All of the above goes for output module templates and their .aom files, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
Re: Where are the Render Queue templates on the computer?
on Jun 18, 2010 at 2:14:12 pm

Thanks,
I found the preference file. It was full of blank characters, whatever they are.
I tried to RTMF'nM but didn't find the right info - didn't look in the right page. But I realized I should have saved all my templates!!
'll do after I recreated them all..

Cheers

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]