ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Star Field Dilemma

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BarkStar Field Dilemma
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 5:03:47 am

Hi Guys.

I've got a one minute comp, 960 x 720. 2D background layer comp size. 3000 x 2000 solid CC Particle World that's a floating starfield. I'm dropping a series of 960 x 720 video clips in a scaling down to about 35%. The plan is to use Sure Target with Dolly to zip from one clip to the next.

The thing is when I rotate a clip more than 40 degrees or so on the Y, I lose an edge of the star field when the camera targets to the clip. I suppose the simple solution would be not to rotate past 45, and the more I think about it, the more I wonder about the wisdom of big turns, but hey, it's my first time.

Incidentally, it doesn't matter if the CC solid is 3000 or 6000 pixels, which makes me think it might not even need to be 3000. Have to check that out real quick. So, any thoughts?

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Star Field Dilemma
by on Jun 18, 2010 at 12:49:06 pm

You don't need a big comp with CC Particle world. Assuming your other settings are correct, to do what you need to do, you just need to adjust your producer setting(Radius X, Radius Y, Radius Z).

I'm not exactly sure how they work mathematically-but in a recent project using sure target and particle world, I set them at 4.0 each and didn't overshoot the particles.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved