ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Article on Compositing for Japanese Film

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark VolzerArticle on Compositing for Japanese Film
by on Jun 17, 2010 at 7:10:56 pm

Hey guys,
I'm looking for an article I read online a while back. It was all about the compositing that was done on this japanese movie. The movie starred two japanese teenish actors. A guy and a girl. I think the guy in the article/video described them as the Zac Effron and Vanessa Hudgens of Japan. Parts of it were shot in LA. There was all kinds of compositing with pictures and photographs. Almost as if stuff from their phones were coming out of their phones. One of the shots they went over was a long complicated arced camera move around a courtyard where they composited in dozens of still of them into the shot I believe using a 3D program. The next shot was the two of them outside and they were running forward with their phones and swinging them and stuff would fly out of them. In the video they discuss how they tried to greenscreen it, but that didn't work so they had to roto it. The last shot they showed was on the beach in Santa Monica. The two actors run towards the camera then flop down into the sand, but they had to shoot them separately because of schedules. Anyone know the article/video I'm talking about or where I could find it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved