ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

2 images, 2 different angles, any ideas for doing a 3D movement?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Gosnell
2 images, 2 different angles, any ideas for doing a 3D movement?
on Jun 16, 2010 at 5:54:41 pm

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/Bjomesphat/Pic0.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/Bjomesphat/Untitled-1-1.jpg

Those are my two images, and I'm really just trying to do a simple 3D pan. Any thoughts or tips? I've got 2 other angles from behind as well if that might be necessary.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 2 images, 2 different angles, any ideas for doing a 3D movement?
on Jun 16, 2010 at 6:34:01 pm

I'm trying to think of how you could actually DO a pan on those two images, and make it look photorealistic. The sun is at two different angles. The shadows fall in two different directions. The shots themselves are at two different angles.

How do you propose to rotate the wider shot, making it appear that the perspective on this 2D still is changing, plus change the angle of the sun, zoom in on the tighter shot, and make it all look seamless?

There are certain things you can't fake in AE, and good-looking aerial photography from stills is one of them. The perspective of the shot is constantly changing because the camera platform is constantly moving. You'd have to build a 3D model of the subject: not AE's strong suit.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brandon Gosnell
Re: 2 images, 2 different angles, any ideas for doing a 3D movement?
on Jun 16, 2010 at 6:56:07 pm

Yeah it was definitely a long shot, and I pretty much knew the answer, I just wanted to make sure there weren't any advanced parallax or vanishing point tips for AE. And I'm not so much concerned about the shadows and zoom length, if I could get a decent pan going those could be easily photoshopped I think.

Unfortunately those were the best satellite images I could find. I might just try to do some kind of really quick rotation on the first image with a lot of motion blur and cut it with the second image at the end. It could be convincing enough for a cool effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]