ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Apply Tracking Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel EspinosaApply Tracking Problem
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 3:30:58 pm

hello there!
ok so im trying to add a floating GUI right to a box i just rendered and does a 360 flare spin(I cannot do camera tracking cuz my box is the one spinning and not the camera which is static), i just rendered my tracking pass (no texture but dots on the box) and did the tracking which got perfect, but now, im trying to add this GUI layer with animation i created down in After Effects, but the thing is that when I apply the tracking with a perspective corner pin to the layer it just adds the layer as if it was one of my box faces instead of a separate layer which is floating right to the box...anyone knows how to apply this tracking that way?...thanks in advance
daniel :)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Apply Tracking Problem
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 4:47:45 pm

You have a box that does a 3d move and you're trying to ad a plane that rotates in 3d space using 2d tracking... I see a problem there, unless you're using a 3d tracker. However, if you are the one animating the box, this should be easy. Apply the same rotation to a null that has the same distance from the camera as the center of your box in the 3d app you're using and link the layer (make it 3d) of the GUI to it, offsetting so that it seems outside the box. Use masks to give the impression the GUI goes behind the box and you should be set.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

Daniel EspinosaRe: Apply Tracking Problem
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 4:54:35 pm

`hi there Ted!
thanks for the fast response!
yeah I just kinda figured out how to make this work, i just added a plane with tracking points in 3ds max where the GUI should be floating instead of tracking the box, I'm about to track this plane and just add the custom GUI I just made in after effects, so this should be easier, or better say, this is the way to go :)
thnx anyway for your option, it could be a work around but a lil harder than what im doing
have a nice day and week :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved