ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE not finding Alpha Channel

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gully Moore
AE not finding Alpha Channel
on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:06:38 pm

Hi guys,

I had a .jpeg silhouette with a white background that I imported into photoshop, deleted the white and exported as an interlaced .png

Now finder shows up the alpha channel but AE comes up with the white background that used to be there.

Any idea why?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50344859@N03/4706162508/sizes/l/

Thanks very much,

Return to posts index

Nikos Mamalos
Re: AE not finding Alpha Channel
on Jun 16, 2010 at 12:19:34 pm

Just in case you haven’t thought it. In the project window R-Click the png. and check if the interpretation of the file alpha channel is checked

Return to posts index

Gully Moore
on Jun 16, 2010 at 5:10:03 pm

The interpretation says, "Straight - Unmatted"

When I try to change it it "Ignore" or "Premultipied - Matted with Colour" and press OK, it dosen't seem to stick, so when I go back to it it's still on "Straight - Unmatted"

I don't really know what any of that means, but it seems very strange that finder recognises an alpha channel and not AE. I have 4 similar images that I have done the same thing with, 2 work fine, and the other 2 are like this.

Is there any other way to get rid of the white? After that I want to Track Matte the image to a video (so the video is in the shape of the silhouette).

Thanks for the help :)

Return to posts index

Nikos Mamalos
on Jun 17, 2010 at 2:58:08 pm

I cannot explain it. Straight unmated should work correctly. I repeated your steps just to check. Now R-click reload the footage. If it does not work I will agree with Michael Szalapski. PSD would have done it at first place. Good luck

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 16, 2010 at 1:13:39 pm

Also, there's no reason at all to export as anything from Photoshop. AE works beautifully with Photoshop files.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]