ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I Install Production Premium CS5 on a existing CS4 system ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter RixnerCan I Install Production Premium CS5 on a existing CS4 system ?
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 5:14:57 pm

Hi :)

I am still a happy CS4 Production Premium user. That's mostly because Matrox is not delivering rtx2 drivers for CS5 now.

But I have already received my CS5 upgrade. And it sits on the shelf and collects dust. What a shame ...

So can I install CS5 on the same system (Win 7 64Bit) as the running CS4 version, without risking to damage the whole thing ?

Will they affect each other ?
What if I would embed a AE CS4 comp into a PremPro CS5 Project.

But even if I try to keep work strictly separated:
Is it possibel at all to have both on one system ?

Are there things like Adobe updater or Bridge oder Dynamic link in general that get totally confused then ?

If I generate a new user and install it there, is that separated enough ?

Has anyone done that with success ? Or what are Your experiences ?

Thanks for any ideas or solutions!

Peter

Return to posts index

Steve BlackerRe: Can I Install Production Premium CS5 on a existing CS4 system ?
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:13:21 pm

My machine at work has After Effects CS4 and Production Premium CS5 installed (with AE CS5) and I haven't had any issues, but that's just one program from CS4. Not sure how two full installs side-by-side would behave, to be honest.

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Sean WorsellRe: Can I Install Production Premium CS5 on a existing CS4 system ?
by on Jun 16, 2010 at 4:14:07 am

I'm wondering the same thing, because I wnat to have AE CS5 running for its 64-bit capacity, but I will never be able to upgrade all my plugins so I want to sometimes also run my AE CS4 (32-bit) program on the same computer (though not open at the same time).

Return to posts index

Sean WorsellRe: Can I Install Production Premium CS5 on a existing CS4 system ?
by on Jun 17, 2010 at 6:25:40 am

Okay, I can confirm that yes, both AE CS4 and CS5 can be loaded on one Windows 7 64-bit machine. Sweet.

Return to posts index

Peter RixnerRe: Can I Install Production Premium CS5 on a existing CS4 system ?
by on Jun 17, 2010 at 7:11:18 am

Yes! :)

I also dared it and it works beautifully.
Even the CS4 Matrox driver still work with CS4.

That way I can sit and wait until finally matrox is able to deliver drivers for CS5. Although it's still not clear to me why they are always the only one that cannot deliver drivers in time. They claim to work closely with Adobe. Whatever ...

Peter

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Can I Install Production Premium CS5 on a existing CS4 system ?
by on Jun 17, 2010 at 9:45:46 pm

I have Production Premium CS3, CS4, and CS5 installed on the same machine.

One caveat: Install in order. Problems arise when you install an earlier version after the later version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]