ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE 720p quality to SonyVegas

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emil Niemi
AE 720p quality to SonyVegas
on Jun 15, 2010 at 4:34:59 pm

Need help with getting great quality from After Effects to Sony Vegas, with so small lost as possible but also with so small size as possible.
I've been trying avi with uncompressed, but when i made just with particular it became 1,2 GB size for a 20 secounds long.
Its too big, it would be accepted if it would get smaller than 500MB.

Someone with any idea!?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: AE 720p quality to SonyVegas
on Jun 15, 2010 at 8:36:41 pm

You can try Quicktime with the PNG codec. It's technically lossless, but a smaller file size than pure uncompressed AVI. If you must be below 500 MB though, you're going to enter the fun world of compression!
I don't know what file types Sony Vegas can handle, but AE can put out a lot of different ones.
I never compress a video from AE to go back into my NLE so I don't have a lot of advice for you on that. You might try H.264 since that seems to be a very small file size considering the quality when you tweak the settings right.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Emil Niemi
on Jun 15, 2010 at 10:03:31 pm

I hate rendering, its the worst sh-t made on this planet.

I've heard from someone that Sony Vegas doesn't like QuickTime container thing. But i don't know, since in a guide when i use Canon 550D/T2i and going to encord this one to a MPEG-2 something, to make it more editable in Sony Vegas, it's still a quicktime container when i put it into vegas.

Well thx, i will try out the PNG way, if it gets too much size i'll do something else

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 15, 2010 at 10:08:28 pm

[Emil Niemi] "I hate rendering, its the worst sh-t made on this planet."

Oooohhh, sorry to hear that. You're not going to have fun with After Effects. It has to render EVERYTHING.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Fitch
on Jun 16, 2010 at 9:59:59 am

Quicktime Animation is a fairly solid choice if you need to keep your filesizes down I found.

But yeh if you dont like rendering you won't like AE!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]