ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with AE CS5 and laptop screen resolution during install..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mohanraj narayanan
Problem with AE CS5 and laptop screen resolution during install..
on Jun 15, 2010 at 1:01:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I bought AE and I am very disappointed. When I went to install the application, I got the following errors and it stopped installing.

\
Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 54 error(s), 52 warning(s)

WARNING: Display requirements not met for {DA1B174B-4297-467C-9EF8-0AB8D4D5171E}

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

My max screen resolution is 1366x768 and the requirement is 1280x1024.
I don't plan on buying a screen that large. Is there a fix for this? perhaps editing the registry? I won't mind the small work area. I can manage. does AE CS4 have this resolution requirement? I have an opengl capable graphics card in my laptop so I don't think that is an issue here. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem with AE CS5 and laptop screen resolution during install..
on Jun 15, 2010 at 3:19:32 pm

I have to ask the obvious question: did you even bother to check the system requirements for AE BEFORE you bought it? It sounds like you have no one to blame but yourself.

And remember, AE 10 is a 64-bit application that needs to run on a 64-bit OS. It's most comfortable with at least 16 GB RAM.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mohanraj narayanan
on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:26:51 pm

ok I think I was able to bypass the " Display requirements not met for {DA1B174B-4297-467C-9EF8-0AB8D4D5171E}" error during install. I hooked up an exteral monitor with the required resolution and I did not see that error message again. However, I am still getting the following error messages

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

could it be that my graphics card does not support opengl? how can I make sure it supports opengl 2.0?

My brother has a screen resolution of 1240x780 and yet he was able to install AE CS5 without any errors at all. He has an ATI mobility Raedon Graphics card. whats up with that?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 15, 2010 at 9:21:52 pm

Well, based on all the information we have concerning that laptop of yours, the OS you're running, the amount of RAM you have, and the version of AE you bought, here's my best guess:

After Effects doesn't like you. What did you do to make it angry?

You should also know that Open GL is pretty much useless in AE a lot of the time. You seem to think it's some sort of miracle worker or something.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Josef Kyle
on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:56:56 pm

Good day to you all!

Please, I need your advice. I have to buy a laptop able to run Adobe CS5 (the complete suite), but I don't have too much money.

Could you, please, tell me if the following computer is what I need? :
Asus N61JV-JX052V Core i5 430M 2.26GHz 7 Home Premium
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=RZGwDN2NnWZ7NhbH

It has Intel i5 430M, 2.26-2.53 GHz, 4 (and up to 8) GB of RAM, 64-bit and Windows 7, Geforce 325M with Open GL 2.1 and Shader Model 4.1 and 1 GB of dedicated memory.

Two problems though:
- the resolution is at maximum: 1366x768, while Adobe CS5 requires 1.280 x 900 (1280 x 1024 recommended);
- the HDD's speed is 5400 RPM, not 7200 RPM.

Please, tell me if and how will the two problems interfere with Adobe CS5? The resolution is especially what I fear of. Won't I be able to install and use Adobe CS5, as I heard?

Thank you very much!

Yours,
Jo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]