ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Transition Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh BirtTransition Effect
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 11:45:44 pm

What I am trying to do is figure out the best way to transition from one shot to the next. I have this footage showing a guy handing a shirt off screen and in a different shot someone is grabbing the shirt off screen and then puts the shirt on. Does anyone know the best way to make this transition look smooth and real?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Louis McLellanRe: Transition Effect
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 8:12:24 am

To me just doing a straight cut from one shot to the other would work well. A Transition might be too much.

Editor, Sound Designer, Stop-Motion Animator, Lighting, and Pack Mule

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Transition Effect
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 1:05:16 pm

I worked on a promotional project for a university and part of our marketing package involved a video of various students, professors, and other people from the university tossing one of the university's shirts to one another. So a football player on the field would grab it, say something, and toss it; then a chef in the cafeteria would catch it, say something, then toss it; and a girl in her dorm room would catch it...etc. It was done with simple cuts in Avid. (Could also be done in Premiere Pro, Final Cut, Vegas, Windows Movie Maker...)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Transition Effect
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 2:44:22 pm

I'm with everybody else: a matched-action cut will do nicely.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved