ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

error message from AE CS3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Thompsonerror message from AE CS3
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 6:58:03 pm

Hi,
Been quite a bit of time from my last post. Here's my problem---I generally use AE 7 because of heavy plug-ins I have for that version but I started getting some crouption issues and switched over to AE CS3 that I have had laying around.

I keep getting crashes and error messages that say.."Getting aruntime error from the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library R6025" and then it says "pure virtual funtcion call"

So it then crashes and I have to restart, get about 5 minutes work done and it happens again.

Anybody have any thoughts out there that might lead me back to AE goodness?
-jay

Jay Thompson

Thompson Visual Design & Storytelling

7 Marjean Ct.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: error message from AE CS3
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 7:04:56 pm

If I'm reading your post correctly, you had problems in AE 7, and when you switched to AE 8, you STILL had problems. Is that correct?

At first blush, it would seem that something other than AE is giving you problems.

It sure would be nice to know something about your OS and hardware, for diagnostic purposes.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jay ThompsonRe: error message from AE CS3
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 7:50:46 pm

Sorry for being unclear Dave. I use Windows XP Pro at this time. although now a slightly older machine that only gives me 2 gigs of ram--it's worked fine for my purposes.

The problems are completely differnt from AE 7 and what I'm getting with AE 8.

Within 7, I recieve this AE Error: Problem retrieving sound data from movie. This is a reverence to the video capture file,

In 8 I get this message "Getting aruntime error from the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library R6025" and then it says "pure virtual funtcion call" This is not a reference to the video capture file.
-jay

Jay Thompson

7 Marjean Ct.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

by on Jun 14, 2010 at 7:56:17 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that this AE weirdness happens when you try to use footage from an HDV camera:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, AVCHD, mp4, mts, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

I'm a Mac guy, so I like to convert to Quicktime movies in the Animation or PNG codecs; both are lossless. I'll use Apple's Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder or Quicktime Pro to do it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Jay ThompsonRe: error message from AE CS3
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 8:01:52 pm

No the camera is full frame video ntsc, edited in Avid and exported as Quicktime movies. Been doing it for years.
-jay

Jay Thompson

7 Marjean Ct.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: error message from AE CS3
by on Jun 14, 2010 at 8:15:22 pm

Did you do any sort of Windows update or any other update to the machine recently? What sort of codec are you using for your quicktime files?

I'm sorry, but your comment "this is a slightly older machine" made me giggle. That's quite the antique now, to be honest. My machine has 16 Gigs of RAM and I could use more.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2010 at 2:58:40 pm

[Jay Thompson] "...although now a slightly older machine that only gives me 2 gigs of ram--it's worked fine for my purposes...."

I'm with Michael: it's time for a new machine.

2GB is adequate to run the OS and launch AE, but that's almost all you can do. You've been extremely lucky to this point to get any kind of AE work done. You are seriously short of RAM, sir.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]