ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 books?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny duke
After Effects CS5 books?
on Jun 13, 2010 at 6:21:38 pm

Hey everyone, I'm looking to learn after effects but I want a textbook or a very thick book that goes into detail about all or most of the CS5 components and such. Does anyone have any recommendations for what's the best book? I'm looking for a serious in-depth book, not a short book that just briefly explains part of it but a book that takes time to explore everything. If anyone has any suggestions, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: After Effects CS5 books?
on Jun 13, 2010 at 7:39:17 pm

Creating Motion Graphics by Chris and Trish Meyer. Their CS5 edition should be out in July, I think.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 13, 2010 at 9:05:46 pm

I agree with the recommendation of the Meyers' book.

I also recommend After Effects Help. Not only does it give information about every feature, but it also points to other resources (such as the books by the Meyers) for more information about various features.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 14, 2010 at 1:19:04 pm

I would like to second Todd's suggestion of the AE help. Not only does it go rather in depth on many features, but it is enhanced by user suggestioins and comments and links to tutorials and examples.

If you were interested in DVD training, I cannot reccomend Total Training enough. They go very in-depth.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jun 14, 2010 at 3:22:22 pm

Thirded on the help. It's one of the better help systems I've used.

Other help systems tell you what you can do without telling you how to do it, give you long-winded explanations of theory, or bury their instructions in unsearchable databases. AE's help is good for guys like me who learn on the fly.

Of course, it helps to know some of the terms, and that's where forums can help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]