ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issues trying to Merge two particle layers, (Text Creation)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Fitch
Issues trying to Merge two particle layers, (Text Creation)
on Jun 11, 2010 at 3:15:00 pm

Hi,

I've got an issue i really cant get my head round and was hoping someone here could give me a hand trying to sort it out.

Basicall i've got 3 seperate particle systems, two provide particles from impact onto the screen, and a third takes particles and forms text out of them. I'm trying to get it to merge together seamlessly so that it appears that the text forms from the particles from the imapcts. Theres a version here that shows what i've got so far:

I'm well aware that there are other issues with the project so far regarding to ball movement and other things, at the moment i'm just trying to sout out the particles. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Issues trying to Merge two particle layers, (Text Creation)
on Jun 11, 2010 at 5:02:25 pm

[John Fitch] "Basicall i've got 3 seperate particle systems, two provide particles from impact onto the screen, and a third takes particles and forms text out of them. I'm trying to get it to merge together seamlessly so that it appears that the text forms from the particles from the imapcts."

In broad strokes: I'd simplify this to two particle systems -- one for each impact -- and I'd work backwards. They'd both start with a layer-based emitter for your text and animate out. After they have dispersed, I'd use a spherical field with a massive radius and increasing negative strength to suck the particles into the impact point.

Precomp and time-reverse, and it will appear that sparks shoot off from the impacts, fly into to space, and the converge into the logo.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

John Fitch
Re: Issues trying to Merge two particle layers, (Text Creation)
on Jun 13, 2010 at 2:42:10 pm

Cheers for that, I'm a bit further through now and it seems to be a lot closer to what i'm heading for. In case your interested this is what i got to so far:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]