ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ram Preview loop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob GoodnightRam Preview loop
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 9:54:39 pm

I apologize if this has been answered before but I didn't see it. I am creating a video in AE that is supposed to be a perfectly looping video. I am trying to ram-preview the end section going into the beginning to check timing and make sure it works. I understand that the preview will loop what ever it has stored in ram but as soon as it gets to the end of the work area, it stops processing and starts playing at beginning of preview. Is there a way to get it to jump to the beginning of the comp and continue with the ram-preview?

Return to posts index

Gary HazenRe: Ram Preview loop
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 10:48:38 pm

I usually set a timeline marker at the head and tail and toggle between them to make sure the loop is correct.

If you need to see it in motion:
Drop the current comp into a new comp and duplicate the layer. Move layer 2 down so it starts when layer 1 ends. Set your work space accordingly and RAM preview.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Ram Preview loop
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 11:51:16 pm

Just for preview purposes, you could nest the same comp twice in a new comp, put the head of the second layer after the tail of the first, and preview the middle section of the new comp where the two layers join.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved