ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stolen laptop & CS5 Install discs - Trial Download vs. Discs / .dmg's?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean KapletonStolen laptop & CS5 Install discs - Trial Download vs. Discs / .dmg's?
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 6:36:50 pm

Had my laptop and CS5 box stolen and I am just curious if I have a legit CS5 Serial for the Master Collection what / if any difference is there between the download trial version and the discs?

On Adobe's website is says there is a difference but I am not sure what that would be...content?

Any suggestions or thoughts on this?

thanks

Sean

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Stolen laptop & CS5 Install discs - Trial Download vs. Discs / .dmg's?
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 6:44:27 pm

[Sean Kapleton] "....what / if any difference is there between the download trial version and the discs? "

Oh, I hope you get that stuff back. That's awful.

I can only speak about AE -- the trial version will not have effects & software included with AE, but made by other companies. You won't have Keylight, the Cycore effects ( any effect with "CC" before it), Color Finesse, etc.

There may be other differences, but lack of certain effects is the major one.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Stolen laptop & CS5 Install discs - Trial Download vs. Discs / .dmg's?
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 6:59:53 pm

i would contact adobe customer support.

i have a feeling that they would be able to deactivate the serial number for the stolen software, effectively preventing someone from installing and activating it beyond the trial period, and possibly preventing someone from using the version that was on you laptop.

if they are able to do that, and you can provide proof of purchase of the master collection, they may be able to send you a replacement copy of it for a smaller price...

i know they will do a cross platform exchange (exchange a mac version for windows version, or visa versa) for about $20 if you follow the steps they outline -- essentially, contact them, fill out some forms, deactivate your software and mail them your software, they then send you the other version of the software, which should have new serial numbers.

this doesn't sound too much different, if you can in fact show proof of purchase, and they can deactivate the stolen software, effectively making it worthless.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]