ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Transparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mandy JonesTransparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 5:19:56 pm

Hey guys,

i recently ran into a problem which this one.

http://img228.imageshack.us/i/littlesnapper.png/

It involves a transparent (95%) Glas from c4d. When trying to import it into After effects it isnt fully transparent. It looks like it still has a black rim. I tried every alpha variation possible,.. but no succes. Is there any universal solution for this one? Thanks for any help.

Mandy

Return to posts index

Roy McKenzieRe: Transparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 5:45:41 pm

Well how would you know there was anything there if it was fully transparent?

You can create a tiff sequence if you are not already and get a high quality image and alpha, but it seems like this is something you would want to change is c4d.

In the transparency shader there is an option of what color light is absorbed. If you changed that to blue or yellow the extrusions that are perpendicular to the camera's perspective would turn that color.

I have never experienced excessive alpha outlines that were not warranted in C4D. What are you trying to make?

Thank you

Roy

Return to posts index

Mandy JonesRe: Transparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:17:19 pm

Hi Roy,

thanks for your quick response. This is a clip from a countdown animation where 2 glass bodies (behind each other) build the numbers. I know there must be a mistake in AE because when i try to render it in C4d with a blue background, the black strokes dissappear. But since i made the rest of the animation in AE, i want the glass just floating. Where do i find this transparency shader?

Thank you very much

Return to posts index

Roy McKenzieRe: Transparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:48:52 pm

That seems to confirm my assumption that the C4D render is absorbing the black. It is an option in C4D in the materials editor under transparency, it's called "Absorption color".

Thank you

Roy

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Transparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 7:39:25 pm

Try using Channel>Remove Color Matting
If that fails, you'll need to get abusive and use either Minimax or Matte Choker.

Good Luck
Roland Kahlenberg

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Uli PlankRe: Transparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 8:46:22 pm

I'd rather do this in C4D: get your background footage on a plate in C4D and animate the glass bodies in front of it. This way C4D can generate refraction of your background (plus caustics, if you like) and it'll look much more believable.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Mandy JonesRe: Transparency alpha Problems (C4d Import)
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 10:08:03 pm

Oh wow, thanks for the great help. Well i tried the absorption colour, it is already white, so this cant be it. Maybe i really should simply put the animation as a background and render it. I take a try. If it doesnt work i´ll try to get help here again. Great forum. Thank you anybody.

Mandy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]