ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Quicktime Error movie will not close when rendering in CS5 over network

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy McKenzieQuicktime Error movie will not close when rendering in CS5 over network
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 3:31:05 pm

I have a nagging little issue in After Effects CS5. Quicktime movies that I render are being corrupted (quicktime movie will not close)

I am working on intel Mac with OS X 10.6 (10A432) and one other workstation with 10.6.3 that is an intel machine.

I am working (successfully up until now mind you) on a custom built SAN over copper gig. The sever is a mac g5 running 10.5.8

I updated the server and the issue seemed to disappear, now it is back and it seems to effect movies that are over one minute in length.

I have combed this forum and the forum and I have seen the QT32 server preference issues and alike. None of these problems seem to be what I am experiencing, but I have my suspicions that the QT32 server or permissions may be causing the corruption.

When I render to network drives I get the corrupted quicktime movie when the render is done on movies that are longer then one minute generally. If I render the same movies to a local drive I have no problem.

Additionally, if the movie is like 30 seconds or less the problem does not occur on network drives.

The problem seems to persist with multiple codecs, I am testing still but PNG and Apple Pro Rez are definite culprits.

I look forward to you help. Thank you

P.S. Does any one else miss the vector paint plugin?

Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved