ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Optical flares effects disappeared

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john shandOptical flares effects disappeared
by on Jun 8, 2010 at 12:05:09 pm

Hi there,
Im editing a music video at the moment on CS4, the artist wanted to plaster there video with optical flares. Ive put 60 flares in so far. One moment they were all there, showing up in the preview window. Now they dont show in the preview or when i render out but they are in the timeline and effects tab.

What have i pressed?
Have i turned something off?
Or can after effects cope with 60 layers of optical flares in the comp?

P.S. I have a snap shot here:

Help help would be greatly valued.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Optical flares effects disappeared
by on Jun 9, 2010 at 4:30:41 am

In your screenshot, the current-time indicator isn't within the layer that you have selected, so the screenshot isn't useful for telling what's wrong.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Bogdan LucianRe: Optical flares effects disappeared
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 9:01:36 am

Todd, i have the same problem with Optical Flares. Do you find what's the real problem? Thanks

Return to posts index

Post removed.

ram nareshRe: Optical flares effects disappeared
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:24:15 am

HEllo Friends .This is RAM From Frameboxx Kanpur(TH) ,India. I got solution.

10000000% working.
try this

1. Extract the Optical Flares folder to - ( C: / Program files - Adobe - After Effects - Support files - Plugins ).
2. Replace the original “OpticalFlares.aex” file, with the “OpticalFlares.aex” file from the update package.
3. Launch After Effects - make new Composition, then create new solid layer, apply optical flares, it will pop-up message showing your hardware fingerprint ID, copy that n close

Launch License Generator and paste the HID into activator, generate license file, save it on DESKTOP
It will generate a licence file.Do not save IN PLUGINS folder.

5. Generate new Patched exe from "Patch OF v1.2.123 WinX64.exe". It will output "opticalflares.aex"

6. Replace it with already existed exe of same name in OF folder. and :).

then copy the Licence file from DESKTOP. then paste it in all Optical flares folder(Program files - Adobe - After Effects - Support files - Plugins - Optical Flares ).

RAM from frameboxx kanpur, INDIA(Technical Head)

contact no +919695379425

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved