ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Expression controling

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Ancerys
Expression controling
on Jun 8, 2010 at 8:14:46 am

Hello everyone, i have been following creative cow for really long time and most of the time i found my answers here, but right now i need help that is really simple for people that work with adobe :)

Im just gonna explain what i want to do because i dont know whole terminology
Basically i "pickwhiped" Twixtor plugin to my video, and that works great, well sync'ed with music but it just from 0-40 speed all the time, and i want that to be from like 70-100, so i would like to know how can i multiply whole expression to increase speed in it?

Thank you for your answers

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Expression controling
on Jun 8, 2010 at 6:29:51 pm

You'll want to look into using Expressions' Interpolation method. Lots of examples if you search the COW and even the AE Help.

If you want a more specific answer then you'll need to explain the properties you want to control using Expressions.

HTH
Roland Kahlenberg

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

David Ancerys
on Jun 8, 2010 at 8:46:32 pm

Ok, i am using plugin called "Twixtor" i believe everyone knows this plugin, it is to make smooth slow motion effect. I am pick-whipping Twixtor's speed to audio, and it really syncs up but speed is around 0-30 based on music type, and i want to make expression command that like multiply that by 3 or something, so i could get like around 70-120% slow motion effect.
I need expression that would multiply currect data that it extracts from pickwhip if that makes sense.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 8, 2010 at 9:03:11 pm

You can simply add "*3" -- lose the quotes -- to the pick-whipped expression. Fool with it and you'll get it.

But don't expect miracles.

Twixtor isn't designed to make the kind of speed changes you apparently hope it can do. It's frame rate conversion software, designed to change entire clips from 29.97 to 23.976... 29.97 to 14.985... that kind of stuff. It's NOT intended to make variable speed changes within a clip. You can expect less-than-optimal results using this technique depending on the frame rates that are generated.

But, hey -- you may actually like the look. In which case, knock yourself out.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Ancerys
on Jun 8, 2010 at 9:10:11 pm

Thank you for your help :) I do edit 60fps HD clips, twixtor gave me outcome that is pretty good, i dont know if this forum allow advertisement or just advices ? But may i ask for any other plugin that could give me more in depth time controlling option?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Jun 9, 2010 at 5:02:10 am

You can post your videos here at the COW.

Twixtor should do your trick for you. It looks like you're not knowing how to manipulate an Expression script to get what you want. Head on to this page - http://www.jjgifford.com/expressions/
to get a good understanding of Expresssions and how to manipulate scripts.

HTH
Roland Kahlenberg

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]