ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS4 32 bit HD problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott LarsonCS4 32 bit HD problem
by on Jun 6, 2010 at 9:06:43 pm

Hey all,

I didn't see anything like this in the forums after a search, so if there is, I'm sorry. Here's my problem. Got a quad w/ 4 Gigs of ram.
Doing a project that is in HD. got a lot of vector pieces in there. About 20 layers worth, among other things. I've looked at a lot of the optimizing pages, and have done them. Here's my problem... I keep getting frame buffer issues saying the image is too large to render, and the other is that it cannot calculate the blur. Fine... but the blur isn't on, and 95% of the stuff being rendered is vector art. I cannot figure out how to get this to render! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: CS4 32 bit HD problem
by on Jun 7, 2010 at 8:58:56 am

4Gb of RAM is not a lot for AE. If you can borrow some RAM you may be able to render the whole thing. I do not know how your comp is set, but if possible you may want to pre-render some groups of layers and then render out a final comp.
Also I did something when I encountered a similar problem - and I do not have a scientific explanation for this one- if your vector art is big (as far artboard dimensions) shrink it down and import that in AE- since is vector it will not reduce resolution (make sure to check continuous rasterize). It may be that AE looks at the size of the layers regardless of the fact they are vectors or not.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved