ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CE Shape Extruder CS5 Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Higgins
CE Shape Extruder CS5 Mac
on Jun 6, 2010 at 3:34:05 pm

Hello CC,

I'm looking to extrude shapes and text within AE CS5, I found Jerzy Drozda Jr's Shape Extruder and have tried to install it on my Mac, but no success. I was wondering if this is because of me using CS5? I also wanted to know if there are any other/better ways of extruding shape and text in CS5?

Thanks,
Matthew

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: CE Shape Extruder CS5 Mac
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:04:38 pm

The custom effects hacks (and they are hacks) are never anything that I've recommended, and I haven't tested them with After Effects CS5.

There are lots of ways to extrude (or fake extruding) graphics in After Effects. Here's a Community Help search that pulls up several.

New with After Effects CS5 is the inclusion of FreeForm. See this page for a summary of some resources about FreeForm.

You can also use Photoshop and bring extruded items into After Effects from there. See this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]