ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CE Shape Extruder CS5 Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew HigginsCE Shape Extruder CS5 Mac
by on Jun 6, 2010 at 3:34:05 pm

Hello CC,

I'm looking to extrude shapes and text within AE CS5, I found Jerzy Drozda Jr's Shape Extruder and have tried to install it on my Mac, but no success. I was wondering if this is because of me using CS5? I also wanted to know if there are any other/better ways of extruding shape and text in CS5?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CE Shape Extruder CS5 Mac
by on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:04:38 pm

The custom effects hacks (and they are hacks) are never anything that I've recommended, and I haven't tested them with After Effects CS5.

There are lots of ways to extrude (or fake extruding) graphics in After Effects. Here's a Community Help search that pulls up several.

New with After Effects CS5 is the inclusion of FreeForm. See this page for a summary of some resources about FreeForm.

You can also use Photoshop and bring extruded items into After Effects from there. See this page.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved