ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Vector to SWF, Simple Animated Mask Causes Rastering?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Dillinger
Vector to SWF, Simple Animated Mask Causes Rastering?
on Jun 6, 2010 at 11:17:12 am

I am working on animating a series of drawings I've made in Illustrator. AE CS3 has been working without a hitch except for one area: when drawing a simple mask (animated or not) the layer is rasterized on export to swf. I have tried parenting to an adjustment layer, and the mask mode is on 'add.' I have looked at the unsupported features area of the help viewer (Rendering and Export a composition as a Flash (SWF) file), but it actually states that Add mask mode is supported. However, not only does it rasterize the layer, but rasterizes it at a horribly low resolution. Is this an unavoidable problem? Thanks.

Mike

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
Re: Vector to SWF, Simple Animated Mask Causes Rastering?
on Jun 6, 2010 at 2:00:11 pm

do not forget to click "collapse transformation" button of *.ai file..

Alperen T. AYHAN
http://www.sinamasal.com
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Mike Dillinger
on Jun 6, 2010 at 5:56:42 pm

Thanks Alperen, for your reply. I do indeed have the Continuously Rasterize option enabled. However it doesn't seem to help at all. The output is the same, whether or not I have CR checked or not. Whether the mask is animated or static seems to have no effect as well. I am simply drawing a rectangular mask on an Illustrator layer, in AE, so am quite unsure why this is causing the rasterization on this layer only (despite being a 'supported feature'). Any ideas? Thanks!

Mike

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
on Jun 6, 2010 at 10:18:26 pm

ok, I have understood now.. so here is the answer: 1st; collapse transformation the *.ai, but no mask.. 2nd; pre-compose the layer (move all attributes).. 3rd; click collapse transformation of the pre-comp again.. 4th; draw your mask and animate.. 5th; file/export/ swf... I have tried already and it was succesfull.. I hope this will help you to finish your project...

Alperen T. AYHAN
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

Mike Dillinger
on Jun 6, 2010 at 11:44:02 pm

i really appreciate your attention to this question. i have actually done that, in the specified order, but precomposing the .ai layer gives me rasterization upon export, even without the mask! is there some global setting or .ai import option that i am screwing up? i can adjust all transform properties and still achieve vectored swf export, but as soon as i precompose or add a simple mask drawn in AE, the exported layer gets rasterized to a degree that is almost unrecognizable. I'm working with rather small resolution 228x228, so the vectors are critical. would you mind sending me your sample file that worked? thanks again.

mike

slvrsrfrm@netscape.net

Return to posts index

Alperen T. Ayhan
on Jun 7, 2010 at 12:33:28 am

ok, I have sent you an e-mail included ae file and swf file

Alperen T. AYHAN
Always cinema...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]