ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How would I animate the following...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan AlsopHow would I animate the following...
by on Jun 6, 2010 at 12:04:20 am

I'm looking to make a very short animation of a girl blowing a bubble.

I'm mixing a digitally created bubble with an animation of a girl motioning the action of blowing a bubble through a bubble maker.

I have already started animating the bubble so that it expands as its being blown, but I havent produced the animation of the girl yet.

After the girl has finished blowing the bubble, the camera will focus onto the enlarged bubble and then follow it along its path as it floats around in black space. I need to make this bubble look quite realistic, so would appreciate any tips on altering the light and in making it rotate in the air realistically.

My plan is to draw the girl blowing the bubble almost frame by frame altering the motion slightly each frame, in Illustrator (would this be the easiest method?), then import this into After Effects where I would merge the animation of the girl with the buble.

Any help appreciated.

You ca

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How would I animate the following...
by on Jun 6, 2010 at 9:15:25 am

For the bubble- here's a link to a tutorial that explains how to create animated glass orbs. You can alter the technique to produce a bubble effect:

For the girl I would search some tutorials on the puppet tool- draw the character in Illustrator and animate using puppet tool, much easier than frame by frame.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist
Bucharest, Romania

Return to posts index

adam taylorRe: How would I animate the following...
by on Jun 7, 2010 at 12:13:21 am

you can also make some really nice bubbles using AEs built in effect - Foam.

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved