ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

rendering in sections

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mathew lisett
rendering in sections
on Jun 5, 2010 at 10:53:28 pm

is there a way to render parts of the footage instead of doign the whole thign in one go?

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: rendering in sections
on Jun 6, 2010 at 12:00:46 am

You change the start and end of the work area, then render.
Your Render Settings should be set to "render work area" to make this possible.

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jun 6, 2010 at 5:10:55 pm

thanks steve.

now since we have foudn that my system doesnt have enough memory to do the whole footage and the footage needed to be quicktime format.

ive just tried to do from the previous sony area and export it into sections.

so I have a first clip of 30 minutes from sony from the start.

my question is how do i take this section and replace the same selected time period of the footage into adobe without again causing my filters ive set to go away, or indeed the other footage that i need to stay there untill later when i do the exact same thing .

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jun 6, 2010 at 8:02:08 pm

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2h3zh4w.png[/IMG]

now this is what i see either in sony or AE, is this normal as it seems to happen 3/4 or near the very end of the encoding.

and this was just with a 10 min section

it was with animation with quicktime, so im now doign it with png

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jun 6, 2010 at 10:37:08 pm

Your link doesn't work for me, sorry. Could you place a space on each side of the URL?

As for your problem, I'm not sure I understand, but here goes: Do not change any layers in your composition. Lock them all. The only thing you should change is the start and end of the work area (check the help).

Yes, if you render to a numbered PNG sequence, you can render in sections. Once you're done, import the rendered sequence into AE, and drag it onto the new comp button at the bottom of the project window to make a comp. For audio, I'll leave it up to you as to how to get the desired audio into this comp. Render this comp to a Quicktime movie -- it shouldn't take as much RAM given that you're just rendering frames with no effects, no multiple layers.

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jun 6, 2010 at 10:41:56 pm

http://i48.tinypic.com/2h3zh4w.png

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jun 7, 2010 at 1:42:02 am

You mean you get a Vegas error? If that's so, you should check the Vegas COW forum.

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:16:47 am

ok sorry, just thought since its roughly the same error with sony aswell as AE cs5, thought there may be some knowledge of the error

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jun 7, 2010 at 12:00:22 pm

Have you checked your hard drive properties to see if you're running out of disk space?
When rendering, what does AE say is the expected final file size?
Are you using the FAT file system on your hard drive, which doesn't allow files bigger than 2 GB?
Can you get an external hard drive and format it to NTFS so you can make a file bigger than 2 GB?

Return to posts index

mathew lisett
on Jun 7, 2010 at 12:24:40 pm

Have you checked your hard drive properties to see if you're running out of disk space?

OVER 400gb space free

When rendering, what does AE say is the expected final file size?

it doesnt becuase i see the file size grow rom scratch theres no temp file size set.

Are you using the FAT file system on your hard drive, which doesn't allow files bigger than 2 GB?

whole system is ntfs

Can you get an external hard drive and format it to NTFS so you can make a file bigger than 2 GB?

dont have an external and cant get hold of one

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Jun 7, 2010 at 1:01:44 pm

Hm. Usually AE indicates an estimated file size when rendering. Oh, well.

I recommend you hit the Vegas forum. I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]