ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AFX renders do not match previews

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
trevor bajusAFX renders do not match previews
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 4:03:16 pm

I am having many, many problems trying to render a project that previews perfectly in AFX. I often find that I will build a project that appears to work in AFX, only to, hours and hours later, find out that AFX won't render it. This is, as you imagine, quite frustrating.

I'm having two problems, now:

1) multiple clips, from multiple sources/frame rates (30fps and 29.97) preview perfectly well (any drift, for the sake of this post, was post anticipated and within nominal limits). There are several composites of the same material, scaled and placed in the same frame.

Again, on preview, everything works as expected. Also, a short, 60 second full res render works as expected.

However, when rendering the full 45 minutes of the project (where there is no animation, no keyframes, just static panels scaled and position in the frame without moving) the renders are heavily artifacted.

The only difference is how much of the timeline I render. All other settings are the same.

2) if i perform test renders of around 120 frames, all of the clips, no matter where I render, maintain sync. If I render large pieces of the timeline, the clips drift out of sync.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AFX renders do not match previews
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 5:47:15 pm

The first thing I would suggest is to go into your project panel and conform all of your footage to your final output frame rate, which I assume will be 29.97fps. To do this:
- First, save a safe copy of your project, then...
- Select a 30fps footage item and right-click on it and select "interpret footage > main...".
- Under frame rate choose "conform to frame rate:" and enter 29.97.
- Click OK.
- Now select that same piece of footage again and right-click and select "interpret footage > remember interpolation".
- Select all of the footage items in your project and right-click and select interpret footage > apply interpretation.

Hopefully, that will get everything synced up.

Hope that helps

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: AFX renders do not match previews
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 11:57:49 pm

Yes. Weird.
If you're in a rush ...

... you've probably considered this, but can you do the composite in an editing app?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved